Water quality monitoring
A real-time, multi-parameter water sensing unit
A real-time, multi-parameter water sensing capability powered by AI
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
WaterSense exists to simplify artificial intelligence for real-world applications. Our Artificial Neural Network is trained with millions of historic water quality data points. This enables us to start with a small number of sensor parameters and accurately measure a very wide range of additional parameters, including harmful bacteria.
Low-Cost, Turnkey Sensing Solution
By using sensors from partners which measure a small number of initial parameters, we are able to keep the total cost for our solution exceptionally low. We provide a turnkey solution that includes certified, off-the-shelf sensor heads, with a bundled wireless communication device and includes our AI, data platform and dashboard. This is deployed and priced on a “per sensor” basis (see below).
Simple Deployment, Plug and Play
To simplify deployment, our solution uses sensors with integrated batteries and SigFox wireless communications (with NB-IoT planned). This enables a plug and play, fit and forget solution.
WaterSense uses easy to deploy, inexpensive sensors which start by measuring a small number of key parameters
- We then use Deep Learning to understand a wider range of physical, chemical and biological parameters in water (see the table on the left). Just connect the sensors, and access real-time alerts and visuals for multiple parameters. This includes understanding the microbiome of water in near real-time, a critical capability enabling us to monitor the presence of microbes and nutrients in the water.
- As a result, we can understand and help to predict:
- Eutrophication events (from sewage, fertilisers and industrial discharges) which can be harmful to aquatic ecosystems.
- Biofilm growth conditions in pipework
- Biological signatures consistent with the presence of Legionella, E.Coli, and other faecal coliforms and non-faecal microorganisms.
- The WaterSense solution provides a real-time early warning system for changes which can impact water quality
- Immediate alerts for changes or events, instead of waiting for lab results
- Monitors dynamic water quality, including changes over day/night cycle
- Enables quick and preventative interventions, reducing long term costs and harm
- The user interface is a web application. There is no software to install. It requires no special hardware and no integration with your existing IT systems. Data and alerts are available via a mobile device, laptop or PC.
- Many existing deployed sensor networks and preexisting databases are likely to be compatible with our neural network models, enabling you to get more out of your current infrastructure
- All hardware purchased through WaterSense or our approved partners comes with a two-year warranty
- AI-backed sensing is not designed to replace mandatory laboratory testing, but to provide a continuous, real-time early warning system
Outputs and Alerts
Here are the available risk alerts for the WaterSense device
- Heterotrophic Bacteria Risk Alert
- Escherichia Coli (E.Coli) Risk Alert
- Legionella Risk Alert
- Assists with predicting the risk of Biofilm build-up
- Assists with predicting the risk of Eutrophication Events
Here are the available parameters for the WaterSense device
- Water Quality Index
- Electrical Conductivity
- Total Alkalinity
- Carbonate Alkalinity
- Calcium Hardness
- Total Hardness
- Total Dissolved Solids
- Specific Gravity
- Organic Carbon
- Oxygen Chemical Depletion
- Free Available Chlorine
- Cyanuric Acid
- Hypochlorous Acid
- Hypochlorous Ion
- Langelier Saturation Index (swimming pools)
- Remote Battery Monitoring